Noun(1) the process whereby a person concentrates on some features of the environment to the (relative(2) the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something(3) a general interest that leads people to want to know more(4) a courteous act indicating affection(5) the faculty or power of mental concentration(6) a motionless erect stance with arms at the sides and feet together; assumed by military personnel during drill or review
(1) I listened with great care and attention to a detailed and lengthy statement from the prime minister.(2) he drew attention to three spelling mistakes(3) Is that the only passage in which the trial judge drew attention to his interest in the outcome of the proceedings?(4) Obviously, it was just a sign of his lack of care and attention , after all, strimming edges is hardly rocket science, is it?!(5) Not that such considerations made any difference when we turned our attention to the menu.(6) These patients require the same attention and care as those who meet all the criteria.(7) Since then, they have turned their attention to fixing roads and keeping people fed.(8) Nationally, the figures showed a huge rise in the number of animals not getting the most basic care and attention .(9) Guards standing to attention on parade could become quite faint in temperatures that could reach 100 degrees in summer.(10) By June local readers had turned their attention to the European elections.(11) Rafael glanced at her for a second then turned his attention to the road again.(12) The honor guard took the casket off the airplane, as we all stood at attention , saluting.(13) He also admitted driving without due care and attention and was fined Ôö¼├║250 and had his licence endorsed.(14) the new book is attracting a lot of attention(15) The sentinel still stood at attention directly under the lantern, not moving but to breathe.(16) Two guards either side of the castle doors stood to attention , their eyes scouring the Teger men fiercely.
(1) pay attention :: talu sylw
(2) paying attention :: gan roi sylw
(3) draw attention :: tynnu sylw
(4) pay attention to :: talu sylw i
(5) pay close attention :: talu sylw agos
(6) attract attention :: denu sylw
(7) attention span :: rhychwant sylw
(8) for the attention of :: i sylw
(9) attention to :: sylw at
1. consideration ::
2. awareness ::
3. care ::
6. attending ::
1. inattention ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
He always needs all the ATTENTION.
He's such a baby.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 18
who somehow always manages
to be the center of ATTENTION?"
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 1
You should pay ATTENTION,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 11
Woman over PA: Attention.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 3
Attention, listen up everyone.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
English to Welsh Dictionary: attention
Meaning and definitions of attention, translation in Welsh language for attention with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of attention in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry "attention"
What attention means in Welsh, attention meaning in Welsh, attention definition, examples and pronunciation of attention in Welsh language.