adran, hadran, adrannau, hadrannau
Noun(1) a specialized division of a large organization(2) the territorial and administrative division of some countries (such as France(3) a specialized sphere of knowledge
(1) In the rhythm department bassist Jeff Halsey was unflappable and clearly has much to offer.(2) he was a bit lacking in the height department(3) The matter has now been handed over to the environmental department of the City Council.(4) the story was all over the department(5) he wasn't too great in the brains department(6) I thought pubs were your department(7) The scheme is based on a proposal by the University of Paisley's department of economics.(8) Neil Hewitt, who works in the housing department of Medway council in Kent, is hoping to train as an inspector.(9) he was a lecturer in the department of history(10) How is it that the drama department of the University has achieved such distinguished output?(11) Ponting himself is relishing the responsibility because he has had a chequered past in that department .(12) And the Aussies, the world's sledging experts, reckon he is a soft touch in that department .(13) He ran a post office and now works in the education department of Rochdale council.(14) that's not my department(15) sorry, that's not my department(16) There was a department of Indian Theatre in the university through which I used to act.
(1) department store :: siop adrannol
(2) sales department :: adran gwerthiant
(3) finance department :: adran gyllid
(4) purchasing department :: adran brynu
(5) accounting department :: adran cyfrifyddu
(6) accounts department :: adran gyfrifon
(7) personnel department :: adran bersonél
(8) marketing department :: adran farchnata
(9) head of department :: Pennaeth Adran
(10) legal department :: adran gyfreithiol
1. division ::
2. domain ::
3. section ::
department, departmental, departments
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We could go over to
that DEPARTMENT store,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 12
I'm Dr. Cooper,
from the Physics Department.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 2
to the H.R. Department.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 2
Dr. Cooper, the physics
DEPARTMENT chair tells me
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 16
I got a buddy over at
the Department of Defense.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
English to Welsh Dictionary: department
Meaning and definitions of department, translation in Welsh language for department with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of department in Welsh and in English
Tags for the entry "department"
What department means in Welsh, department meaning
in Welsh, department definition, examples and pronunciation
of department in Welsh language.