Noun(1) something regarded with special favor or liking(2) a special loved one(3) a competitor thought likely to win
Adjective(1) appealing to the general public(2) preferred above all others and treated with partiality
(1) They're on the road as a heavy favorite against a team that matches up well with them.(2) He was not about to forgo his search for knowledge or his favorite haunts.(3) When I think of my life, art stands out as one of my most favorite hobbies.(4) The page since became an all-time favorite with visitors to my site.(5) I played dumb, as if it wasn't my most favorite song in the entire world.(6) Do you play many games, and if so, do you have any favorite titles or preferred genres?(7) After all, it's a catalog title, and a cult favorite at best.(8) Dinner will be guacamole and chips, also one of my very favorite things.(9) I knew when I rented this place, this would be my favorite haunt.(10) Have a least one favorite restaurant/bar/cafe where everybody knows your name.(11) He was sent off as the favorite at odds of 2.45-to - 1.(12) Like it or not, poker is America's new favorite pastime.(13) With a sizable stable of family and fans in the audience, she had to be considered the hometown favorite .(14) Pick your favorite out of the two, then ask for a sample to take home and try out.(15) Take a wild guess as to what my least favorite movie of the 90's is.(16) I'll use a phrase that has become a personal favorite : pushed beyond reason.
(1) favorite food :: hoff fwyd
(2) favorite song :: hoff gân
(3) favorite book :: hoff lyfr
(4) favorite dish :: hoff bryd
(5) favorite hobby :: hoff hobi
(6) favorite thing :: hoff beth
(7) favorite actor :: hoff actor
(8) favorite team :: hoff dîm
(9) favorite pet :: hoff anifeiliaid anwes
(10) most favorite :: y rhan fwyaf o hoff
1. best-loved ::
4. expected winner ::
5. ducky ::
6. front-runner ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Come on, Raj!
It's like your FAVORITE movie,
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 16
whose FAVORITE fruit
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 3
but this is your
FAVORITE show, not mine.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 4
It never occurred to me
to pick a FAVORITE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 15
Yes, that's my FAVORITE charity.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 8
English to Welsh Dictionary: favorite
Meaning and definitions of favorite, translation in Welsh language for favorite with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of favorite in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry "favorite"
What favorite means in Welsh, favorite meaning in Welsh, favorite definition, examples and pronunciation of favorite in Welsh language.