Noun(1) a river in southern Scotland that flows eastward to the Firth of Forth
Adverb(1) from a particular thing or place or position (`forth' is obsolete(2) forward in time or order or degree(3) out into view
(1) But essentially, I ceased to regard lying as a viable option from that day forth .(2) At the war's end Britain had secured a global network of naval bases from which it could sally forth to crush any opposition.(3) And finally, we sallied forth into the centre of Nottingham in all our finery.(4) From that day forth we have had a lowering of public confidence in the police.(5) The sight of all that paper spewing forth from the printer almost caused it to spontaneously combust.(6) The friendly banter that shot back and forth between the team had quickly drawn him in.(7) from that day forth he gave me endless friendship(8) Sally paced back and forth , trying to absorb all of the new sights and smells at once.(9) the plants will bush out, putting forth fresh shoots(10) a paper setting forth their grievances(11) we rose at dawn and sallied forth
(1) back and forth :: yn ôl ac ymlaen
(2) set forth :: a nodir
(3) and so forth :: ac yn y blaen
(4) put forth :: estynnodd
(5) bring forth :: dod allan
(6) come forth :: daw allan
(7) go forth :: mynd allan
(8) burst forth :: byrstio allan
(9) go back and forth :: mynd yn ôl ac ymlaen
(10) call forth :: yn galw allan
1. out ::
2. onward ::
3. away ::
4. forward ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Back and FORTH. Come on.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 1
Move your feet.
Running and so FORTH.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 9
I must say, I go back and FORTH
on this boyfriend-girlfriend thing...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 20
You should feel a small node-like object
rolling back and FORTH along the bone.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 24
Your king rides FORTH to battle.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 9
English to Welsh Dictionary: forth
Meaning and definitions of forth, translation in Welsh language for forth with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of forth in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry "forth"
What forth means in Welsh, forth meaning in Welsh, forth definition, examples and pronunciation of forth in Welsh language.