Adjective(1) having the deep slightly brownish color of gold, or golden(2) marked by peace and prosperity(3) made from or covered with gold(4) supremely favored(5) suggestive of gold(6) presaging or likely to bring good luck or a good outcome
(1) She topped off the look with heavily-styled blonde hair, a golden anklet, diamantÔö£┬« earrings and naturally, leopard print nail varnish.(2) Natalie hurried up and put her long, straight strawberry blonde hair up with golden butterfly clips and got dressed.(3) Most of them being in the age group of 50 and plus gathered to recapitulate the golden days of their study period in the college.(4) I wore various dresses chosen by Amanda, and a golden crown which was sometimes on my head, sometimes in my lap, or just anywhere I chose.(5) The enforced name change imposed by EMI brought with it a golden opportunity to extend the reach of their music beyond just Irish boundaries.(6) The golden crown, white gem atop it, was perched upon her fair head, perfectly matching every other piece of jewelry she wore.(7) I was kneeling before my dearest Lewis, a golden crown was perched high on his brow.(8) They rest at a holy place, a hill with crowns of trees and golden star-shaped flowers.(9) Prince Alvin was wearing a brilliant black, velvet tailcoat and black britches that looked stunning with his golden crown.(10) If you want a film career as expansive and successful as Michael Jackson's, perhaps you should consider looking into this golden opportunity.(11) The golden crown lied sparkling on her head, covering a portion of her brown hair.(12) This first phase of a reissue programme covers their golden period from 1969-1972.(13) This is the golden period for any kind of music - classical, pop, fusion - because of the media and TV channels.(14) They were handed two golden opportunities from the penalty spot to get back in the game, the first was blasted wide and the second was saved by the fantastic Keith Noone.(15) The Chancellor has missed a golden opportunity to boost the Government's strategy to cut smoking rates and improve the nation's health.(16) My mother showed up but headed right for the kitchen, seizing this golden opportunity to rearrange my sister's kitchen.
(1) silence is golden :: distawrwydd yn euraidd
(2) golden age :: oes aur
(3) golden mean :: cymedr aur
(4) golden horn :: corn aur
(5) golden handshake :: ysgwyd llaw aur
(6) golden eagle :: eryr aur
(7) golden wedding :: priodas aur
(8) golden daisy :: llygad y dydd euraidd
(9) golden rule :: rheol aur
(10) golden brown :: frown euraid
2. successful ::
3. excellent ::
4. favorite ::
5. prosperous ::
6. gold ::
7. favorable ::
8. fortunate ::
1. bleak ::
2. dark ::
3. depressing ::
4. desperate ::
5. dismal ::
6. dreary ::
7. gloomy ::
8. hopeless ::
9. inauspicious ::
10. pessimistic ::
11. unlikely ::
golden, goldener, goldenest
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You shall have a GOLDEN crown...
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
He's going to ferry the Golden Company
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
The Golden Company from Essos,
bought and paid for.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 2
while ours have been reinforced
with the Golden Compan...
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
The Golden Company is not here.
They're in Essos.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
English to Welsh Dictionary: golden
Meaning and definitions of golden, translation in Welsh language for golden with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of golden in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry "golden"
What golden means in Welsh, golden meaning in Welsh, golden definition, examples and pronunciation of golden in Welsh language.