Noun(1) a period of time equal to 1/24th of a day(2) clock time(3) a special and memorable period(4) distance measured by the time taken to cover it
(1) rates have ranged from $9 to $32 an hour(2) at the hour of my death(3) Ask yourself, why did India awake to light and freedom at the stroke of the midnight hour ├ö├ç┬¬(4) Ocean City is less than an hour away(5) Seven members of the team stayed through the night - which included an extra hour thanks to daylight saving.(6) Then, at the midnight hour of the request to extradite him, only THEN did they offer to hand him over to the Pakistan courts.(7) it was about the ninth hour(8) three quarters of an hour(9) He heard bells chime in the distance, singing the hour , but he saw them as bells of freedom.(10) A few hours before midday and an hour out of the mountains, they came to a large field.(11) Throughout their stay at Kandahar the guards carried out head-counts every hour at night to keep the prisoners awake.(12) a quarter of an hour(13) Hearing the clock upon an old building chime the hour of one in the morning, Alaina became more anxious.(14) They'd traveled about an hour away from Kol when Beau materialized out of the tree.(15) an extra hour of daylight in the winter evenings(16) I wondered if my last hour had come
(1) happy hour :: awr yn hapus
(2) half an hour :: hanner awr
(3) rush hour :: oriau brig
(4) per hour :: yr awr
(5) half hour :: hanner awr
(6) in an hour :: mewn awr
(7) every hour :: bob awr
(8) for an hour :: am awr
(9) miles per hour :: milltir yr awr
(10) an hour later :: awr yn ddiweddarach
1. time of day ::
amser o'r dydd
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's gonna take an HOUR to eat and I don't
see a Sheldon-approved restaurant...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
120 miles an HOUR, hits them...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
Um, about an HOUR and a half.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 8
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 15
for even an HOUR one night...
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 13
English to Welsh Dictionary: hour
Meaning and definitions of hour, translation in Welsh language for hour with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of hour in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry "hour"
What hour means in Welsh, hour meaning in Welsh, hour definition, examples and pronunciation of hour in Welsh language.