Adjective(1) unwilling to tolerate difference of opinion(2) narrow-minded about cherished opinions
(1) The former Archbishop of Canterbury hit out yesterday at extreme atheists who are intolerant of religious views and attempt to deny Christians a voice in public debate.(2) Other studies have addressed the role of gaps, and especially large gaps in providing the habitat necessary for the regeneration of shade intolerant species.(3) I know you only want to do good, but you'll fail if you continue to be so intolerant of other beliefs.(4) He also states that he is lactose intolerant and hence avoids most dairy products.(5) An essential part of the helping the immune system to recover is to accurately identify the foods to which the sufferer has become intolerant , and to avoid these foods for at least six months.(6) Crawford suggested that anaerobic-tolerant species exhibit a smaller Pasteur effect than do intolerant species.(7) Are we becoming increasingly tolerant or intolerant of offenders?(8) Thus, intolerant species had greater growth potential than tolerant species in low light, but low light prevents the full expression of these differences.(9) If the doctor administers a drug to which the patient is known to be intolerant , or gives some other wrong treatment, should the inappropriateness of the medical treatment affect the causal enquiry?(10) Any parent who is concerned that a child may be allergic or intolerant to any food should get advice from their health visitor or GP.(11) Some children are also intolerant to medicines such as antibiotics and iron preparations.(12) With the exception of African lions, female felids are intolerant of other conspecifics of the same gender.(13) It might be considered as an adjunct for occasional patients unresponsive to or intolerant of more standard treatments.(14) For a newspaper that is supposedly tolerant of any and all lifestyles, it is surprisingly intolerant of Christians.(15) One study found that 12 percent of patients with IBS were gluten intolerant .(16) This grassland-dependent species is fairly intolerant of cultivation and tends to avoid areas that contain extensive woody vegetation or that occur near roads.
1. bigoted ::
2. allergic ::
3. illiberal ::
1. abiding ::
2. enduring ::
3. patient ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You know I can't eat butter.
I'm lactose INTOLERANT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 23
- Right. No. I'm lactose INTOLERANT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
- You're lactose INTOLERANT.
- I don't eat it, I think it's a good idea.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 1
-be gluten INTOLERANT, as many people.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
- Building on that, I'm lactose INTOLERANT.
- No, I saw the menu, they have soy cheese.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 21
English to Welsh Dictionary: intolerant
Meaning and definitions of intolerant, translation in Welsh language for intolerant with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of intolerant in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry "intolerant"
What intolerant means in Welsh, intolerant meaning in Welsh, intolerant definition, examples and pronunciation of intolerant in Welsh language.