Noun(1) typically crepuscular or nocturnal insect having a stout body and feathery or hairlike antennae
(1) The adult insect is a moth with silvery-white forewings and brown stripes and black markings on each wing tip.(2) Not until spring was the box opened again, when great was my amazement to find a big moth flapping its wings!(3) Does a moth flapping its wings in Timbuktu have any effect on a hurricane in the Atlantic Ocean?(4) Butterflies, moths , hummingbirds, and other pollinators will come for the banquet too.(5) Damage from moths , mildew or vermin is also not covered, so if the rats eat your clothes, tough luck Charlie.(6) With the exception of a few moths , all adult Lepidoptera have two pairs of wings.(7) This is despite it being no more than six feet wide in places and a haven for birds, mammals, butterflies, moths and wild flowers.(8) But it turns out that the moths do not rest on tree trunks during the day.(9) These in turn are attracted by night-scented flowers which attract moths and night-flying insects.(10) It won't discriminate between pest caterpillars and those of desirable moths and butterflies.(11) These are the herbs that were used in medieval times to deter moths and fleas from clothing and people.(12) They will turn into chrysalises and, after a few weeks, into butterflies or moths .(13) A variety of insects, including some beetles and moths , mimic bees and wasps.(14) The network of mature hedges, the areas of long grass and the ponds and streams means there are plenty of insects, especially moths , for the bats to feed on.(15) More than half of Britain's 2,500 species of butterflies and moths are found here.(16) Butterflies, moths , hummingbirds, cardinals, bluejays and more visited our gardens.
(1) moth-eaten :: gwyfynod-fwyta
(2) peppered moth :: gwyfyn brith
(3) clothes moth :: dillad gwyfyn
(4) silk moth :: gwyfyn sidan
(5) moth ball :: pêl gwyfyn
(6) hawk moth :: gwyfyn hebog
1. moth ::
2. insect ::
3. fly ::
4. grasshopper ::
5. bird ::
6. beetle ::
7. worm ::
8. bloodworm ::
9. termite ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I can't believe you kissed my sister
with MOTH mouth.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 6
Don't worry, little MOTH.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 5
...with MOTH wings and an exoskeleton.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 6
- Yeah, you are. It's just my MOTH...
- If I could interject again.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 11
English to Welsh Dictionary: moth
Meaning and definitions of moth, translation in Welsh language for moth with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of moth in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry "moth"
What moth means in Welsh, moth meaning in Welsh, moth definition, examples and pronunciation of moth in Welsh language.