Noun(1) (plural, men or women or children(2) the body of citizens of a state or country(3) members of a family line(4) the common people generally
Verb(1) fill with people(2) furnish with people
(1) The voters rejected the referendum because they did not like the people who advocated it.(2) He was not popular with the people of England and he had to use force to maintain his control on England.(3) his reforms no longer have the support of the people(4) the Irish people(5) The great tribune of the people lost the confidence of his constituency party.(6) Three of the people from my science class were there, and a few others I was acquainted with.(7) it was his intention to people the town with English colonists(8) Staff warn that as the exhibition contains human remains some people may find it disturbing.(9) the earthquake killed 30,000 people(10) Then in a sugary way he said he had no time for us and attends only to the people in his constituency.(11) He promised to work to the best of his ability for all of the people of the constituency.(12) I feel they are aiming at older people and people in wealthy jobs more than the younger generation.(13) I have always had an almost perverse desire to mix with people who make their living from crime.(14) When one of the people in the middle makes a mistake they have to walk to the edge of the field and start watching again.(15) They work hard to build up good relations with people in the communities they work in.(16) he is very much a man of the people
(1) person :: person
(2) the people :: y bobl
(3) some people :: rhai pobl
(4) many people :: llawer o bobl
(5) young people :: Pobl ifanc
(6) most people :: rhan fwyaf o bobl
(7) other people :: Pobl eraill
(8) a lot of people :: llawer o bobl
(9) nice people :: pobl neis
(10) old people :: hen bobl
(11) poor people :: Pobl dlawd
1. human beings ::
3. common people ::
4. family ::
5. race ::
6. citizenry ::
7. the great unwashed ::
y heb eu golchi mawr
8. populate ::
1. aristocracy ::
2. best ::
3. choice ::
4. cream ::
5. elect ::
6. elite ::
7. fat ::
8. flower ::
9. pick ::
10. pink ::
11. pride ::
people, peopled, peoples, peopling, unpeople
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
A lot of PEOPLE showed up,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 22
We hide in the parking lot
and ambush PEOPLE when they come to pee.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 16
I feel like I'm saying "PEOPLE" a lot.
People, PEOPLE, PEOPLE... Okay, I'm done.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 1
Millions of PEOPLE,
many of whom will die
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
We both have PEOPLE in our lives
who wanna nip intestinal polyps in the bud.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
English to Welsh Dictionary: people
Meaning and definitions of people, translation in Welsh language for people with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of people in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry "people"
What people means in Welsh, people meaning in Welsh, people definition, examples and pronunciation of people in Welsh language.