Noun(1) a simple machine consisting of a wheel with a groove in which a rope can run to change the direction or point of application of a force applied to the rope
(1) There are V-belt constructions made up of sections that lock together, allowing you to wrap the belt around a trapped pulley and join the two ends.(2) A string was pulled through the hole made by the needle and the string was drawn through a pulley so that weights could be attached to the end of the string.(3) There was a rope as thick as my arm strung across the river, running through a heavy pulley on the barge.(4) The capillary-support pressure measuring device was placed between the heel and a sling that was connected by a rope to a ceiling-mounted pulley to raise the heel.(5) The roar of the engine powering the pulley was like music to my ears as I was slowly but steadily going up again.(6) You'll have to make those parts yourself, and replace the existing steel cable with appropriate cord on the constant force spring pulley .(7) Incorrect pulley settings, loose fan belts, or incorrect motor speeds can all contribute to poor performance.(8) One crew-diver controlled its height using a line that passed through a pulley fixed to the seabed and another at the vessel's stern.(9) It turned out to be a spare pulley used for lifting heavy equipment.(10) Using a low pulley , Arnold raised one arm out to the side, knuckles up, to shoulder height and squeezed.(11) Something else you don't do - you don't clear sap buildup from between a pulley and belt when the conveyor is running.(12) Any flat bench with a pulley or cord system will work.(13) Machines and engines, pulleys and wheels, and the idea that power could be harnessed by man-made devices made the toilsome labor of the past nearly obsolete.(14) He described a two-dimensional triangular system of pulleys with weights called a Varignon Frame.(15) All four cables entered the beam and passed over pulleys near the lower beam cap.(16) After having reached a level of 1,000 feet, the expedition was compelled to abandon its elephants, throw away its baggage and climb further by means of cords and pulleys .
(1) drive pulley :: gyrru bwli
(2) belt pulley :: pwli gwregys
(3) idler pulley :: idler pulley
(4) pulley block :: bloc bwli
1. pulley block ::
2. block ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Okay, what if you rig up a PULLEY system
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 13
English to Welsh Dictionary: pulley
Meaning and definitions of pulley, translation in Welsh language for pulley with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of pulley in Welsh and in English
Tags for the entry "pulley"
What pulley means in Welsh, pulley meaning
in Welsh, pulley definition, examples and pronunciation
of pulley in Welsh language.