Adverb(1) to a degree (not used with a negative(2) to the greatest extent; completely(3) of an unusually noticeable or exceptional or remarkable kind (not used with a negative(4) actually or truly or to an extreme
(1) I don't quite think he'd say that(2) quite who said it I don't know(3) Rocky was quite powerful and determined, but he was also crude and not hard to hit.(4) For someone to do it at such a young age is quite extraordinary.(5) Neither of them could ever quite figure out how they had survived growing up with her.(6) Another reviewer described my blog in less warm but still quite pleasing terms.(7) Here the facts are quite complex and quite different from the residential construction cases.(8) It is quite warm outside under the canopy as well, with a very effective heater thoughtfully placed there.(9) it was quite a shock to lose my job(10) are you quite certain about this?(11) this is quite a different problem(12) dresses quite from Port of Spain(13) We all know how dangerous a hot car can be for an animal - the risk of death is quite real.(14) the film is quite funny(15) He is one of the richest characters in the whole of the Wodehouse creation, absolutely rounded and quite without flaw.(16) she did quite well at school
(1) quite well :: eithaf da
(2) quite good :: eithaf da
(3) quite a lot :: eitha tipyn
(4) not quite :: ddim yn hollol
(5) quite a few :: dipyn o ychydig
(6) quite a bit :: ychydig
(7) be quite :: fod yn eithaf
(8) quite often :: yn aml
(9) quite big :: eithaf mawr
(10) quite different :: hollol wahanol
2. fairly ::
3. rather ::
1. half ::
2. part ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'm not QUITE sure.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 4
We took QUITE a detour
from what I understand to be your thesis.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
That's QUITE a gesture on your part.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 9
I've become QUITE fond of Lady Sansa
during our travels together.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
English to Welsh Dictionary: quite
Meaning and definitions of quite, translation in Welsh language for quite with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of quite in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry "quite"
What quite means in Welsh, quite meaning in Welsh, quite definition, examples and pronunciation of quite in Welsh language.