Noun(1) a small fragment of something broken off from the whole(2) worthless material that is to be disposed of(3) a small piece of something that is left over after the rest has been used(4) the act of fighting; any contest or struggle
Verb(1) dispose of (something useless or old(2) have a disagreement over something(3) make into scrap or refuse
(1) The teams know they are going to have to fight and scrap for everything so they are still battling in the 93rd or 94th minute.(2) He kept scrap cars and other waste on land near York for years, against regulations, York magistrates heard.(3) they were involved in a goalmouth scrap and a player was sent off(4) Eventually, this will damage the engine: but if you're going to scrap the car within a year or two, does that matter?(5) Without a scrap of make-up, the chocolate-box prettiness is still there: the clear turquoise eyes, creamy skin and chiselled bone structure are luminous.(6) we're burning scrap lumber(7) They love a good scrap and they are a people famous for their inter-clan feuds and savage mountain guerrilla techniques.(8) He is a hard worker, a decent bloke, cautious to the core, a mediator, a facilitator and without a scrap of charisma, a boring, grating speaker and bad orator.(9) Make a super sturdy one with some old building blocks, or raid your dad's work bench for pieces of scrap wood.(10) It is a pity that he didn't think of that when he accused the IRA, without a scrap of evidence being presented, of carrying out the Northern bank robbery.(11) she was wearing a short black skirt and a tiny scrap of a top(12) He wasn't a man to back away from a scrap when he was a player, and he said he wouldn't this time.(13) there was not a scrap of aggression in him(14) ├ö├ç├┐The event also involved sleeping outside in a ├ö├ç├┐refugee camp├ö├ç├û built out of scrap materials.├ö├ç├û(15) Suddenly, he is in the equivalent of a street scrap , a grim battle against the odds.(16) If I remember correctly from my antediluvian youth, he's in there right now endlessly combing his hair but it won't make a scrap of difference.
(1) scrap metal :: metel sgrap
(2) scrap paper :: papur sgrap
(3) scrap car :: car sgrap
(4) scrap value :: gwerth sgrap
(5) scrap iron :: haearn sgrap
(6) scrap of paper :: sgrap o bapur
(7) scrap material :: deunydd sgrap
(8) scrap-heap :: sgrap-domen
(9) scrap wood :: pren sgrap
1. fragment ::
2. bit ::
4. waste ::
5. quarrel ::
6. chip ::
7. fight ::
8. trash ::
9. throw away ::
10. abandon ::
11. quarrel ::
12. altercate ::
13. junk ::
scrap, scraper, scrapers, scraps
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
He has a car which is just SCRAP,
and sleeps in a bunk bed
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
You missed a good SCRAP.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 10
It was a proper SCRAP.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
Tell me, at least, if they didn’t
turn the car into SCRAP in front of you,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 7
I have stolen all the tools.
I’m loaded with SCRAP, fuck.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
English to Welsh Dictionary: scrap
Meaning and definitions of scrap, translation in Welsh language for scrap with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of scrap in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry "scrap"
What scrap means in Welsh, scrap meaning in Welsh, scrap definition, examples and pronunciation of scrap in Welsh language.