Noun(1) a thoroughfare (usually including sidewalks(2) the part of a thoroughfare between the sidewalks; the part of the thoroughfare on which vehicles travel(3) the streets of a city viewed as a depressed environment in which there is poverty and crime and prostitution and dereliction(4) a situation offering opportunities(5) people living or working on the same street
(1) The dangerous spirit of street performing informs the whole show.(2) Wenner is a performing visual artist who turns the celebratory folk art of street painting into a performance art spectacle.(3) His car looked out of place and his use of urban street lingo was confusing.(4) street style(5) Roaming bands of homeless street children engaged in petty crime are now common in Argentine cities.(6) It captures city life with a deliberately gritty touch, showing the lives of street vendors, street kids, and farmers.(7) the main shopping street(8) The subject is not identified, except by street culture icons, such as his bike and leathers.(9) The group mixes and layers cultures and styles that range from street dance to martial arts.(10) But they don't exist as far as popular black street culture or white liberals are concerned.(11) He had long hair, wild eyes and the look of a street kid.(12) in the street(13) every week, fans stop me in the street(14) We met for the first time in Zimbabwe, where I was working among AIDS-infected people and street children.(15) He spoke to me as a homeless street kid, and he continues to do so.(16) Besides, the joke, to many, seemed more at the expense of his middle-class white victims than black street culture.
(1) the street :: y stryd
(2) across the street :: ar draws y stryd
(3) on the street :: ar y stryd
(4) main street :: brif stryd
(5) in the street :: yn y stryd
(6) down the street :: i lawr y stryd
(7) street address :: Cyfeiriad stryd
(8) cross the street :: croeswch y stryd
(9) high street :: stryd Fawr
(10) one way street :: un ffordd y stryd
1. road ::
2. thoroughfare ::
3. avenue ::
4. drive ::
5. crescent ::
6. boulevard ::
8. lane ::
9. highway ::
street, streets, streetwise
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'm just the chemist here.
I'm not the STREET guy, yo.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
This is one of Tuco's henchmen.
Street name: No-Doze.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 2
an adequate amount of time
to cross the STREET
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 23
The STREET has no rules.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
- Hey. So, where are they?
- Across the STREET, in the left window.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 8
English to Welsh Dictionary: street
Meaning and definitions of street, translation in Welsh language for street with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of street in Welsh and in English
Tags for the entry "street"
What street means in Welsh, street meaning
in Welsh, street definition, examples and pronunciation
of street in Welsh language.