Adverb(1) to what extent?.(2) used to indicate an estimate or approximation.(3) used for emphasis or to invite agreement.
Pronoun(1) asking for information specifying something.(2) the thing or things that (used in specifying something).(3) (in exclamations) emphasizing something surprising or remarkable.
Article(1) asking for information specifying something.(2) (referring to the whole of an amount) whatever.(3) (in exclamations) how great or remarkable.
(1) Such a rapid, dramatic, take always takes you by surprise but what a way to be surprised!(2) He flies down to Cataluna and tries to locate her based on what little information he has about her.(3) In order to understand people, we need to solicit their views or accounts of what they are doing.(4) I have no idea what drove him to begin playing music, what siren song it used to make him devote his life to it.(5) That means a long car journey and, more to the point, an argument about what music to play.(6) I just spoke to a Staff Nurse who was lovely and knew exactly what she was talking about.(7) There was some conflicting information about what kind of semen was in the canister.(8) And it was a fitting way to celebrate the start of what would become a remarkable reign.(9) He remarks what a lovely and expensive machine it is and that he will take care of it for you.(10) what we need is a commitment(11) They understood what a big deal it was to him, and completely want to make him feel connected and loved.(12) what does it matter?(13) Pat wanted to know what sort of amount we needed and how we'd use any money raised.(14) It seemed to me the whole sticky question of what small children are prepared to eat needed testing.(15) That again is accepted, but the question remains, what is the amount of the benefit?(16) It would work by asking you a series of questions about what music you like or dislike.
(1) what is your name :: beth yw dy enw
(2) so what :: felly beth
(3) what else :: beth arall
(4) what ever :: Beth bynnag
(5) what is up :: beth yw i fyny
(6) what a pity :: beth drueni
(7) what about :: beth am
(8) for what :: am beth
(9) no matter what :: beth bynnag
1. what ::
2. whether ::
3. how ::
4. how much ::
5. how many ::
6. or ::
7. as ::
8. where ::
9. such as ::
10. which ::
11. nothing ::
12. that ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- You have to go.
- I know, but WHAT if Sheldon--
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 23
It's car air freshener.
I was simulating the smel00:00:33,576 --> 00:10
00:00:38,248 --> 00:00:39,708
That's not WHAT the forest smells like.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 20
What can I tell you? She's a big girl.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 9
So tell me WHAT you want.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
What we see on patrol.
Who we captured on patrol.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 3
English to Welsh Dictionary: what
Meaning and definitions of what, translation in Welsh language for what with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of what in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry "what"
What what means in Welsh, what meaning in Welsh, what definition, examples and pronunciation of what in Welsh language.