Noun(1) a married woman; a man's partner in marriage
(1) Of late she seems to be settling in well as a competent full-time royal wife and new mother.(2) I was a mother, I had been a wife , but my husband was gone and most of my children had left home.(3) Peter left Ireland as a young man and met his beloved beautiful wife Mona of County Wicklow.(4) he's taken a second wife(5) Three years ago he divorced his second wife Anthea, with whom he has two small children.(6) a faculty wife(7) He had not yet wed my mother, and his first wife had died without issue.(8) he met his wife at college(9) Meanwhile, Uncle Phil divorces his loving wife of many years and marries Diane.(10) Dad was predeceased by his beloved wife Tena, six brothers and four sisters.(11) Anna is his former wife(12) his wife of 50 years(13) His estranged wife was recently killed in a car crash, leaving him numb and vulnerable.(14) We have outlived all our brothers and sisters and their wives and husbands.(15) People don't know when their husbands and sons and wives and sisters are coming home.(16) In the crowd there were husbands and wives , fathers and sons.
(1) my wife :: fy ngwraig
(2) his wife :: ei wraig
(3) your wife :: eich gwraig
(4) husband and wife :: gŵr a gwraig
(5) loving wife :: gwraig gariadus
(6) wife beater :: curwr wraig
(7) former wife :: cyn wraig
(8) ex-wife :: gyn-wraig
(9) man and wife :: dyn a gwraig
(10) good wife :: wraig da
1. spouse ::
2. partner ::
3. life partner ::
4. mate ::
5. consort ::
6. woman ::
7. helpmate ::
8. helpmeet ::
9. bride ::
10. old lady ::
11. wifey ::
12. better half ::
13. other half ::
14. missus ::
15. ball and chain ::
pêl a chadwyn
16. significant other ::
wife, wifeless, wifely
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
No, the only person who
touches me is my WIFE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 19
The Dornishman's WIFE was as fair as the sun
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 6
for more than 20 minutes
without my WIFE worrying.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 4
You're his WIFE now.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
Do you know what your WIFE has done?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
English to Welsh Dictionary: wife
Meaning and definitions of wife, translation in Welsh language for wife with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of wife in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry "wife"
What wife means in Welsh, wife meaning in Welsh, wife definition, examples and pronunciation of wife in Welsh language.