Noun(1) the least favorable outcome(2) the greatest damage or wickedness of which one is capable(3) the weakest effort or poorest achievement one is capable of
Verb(1) defeat thoroughly
Adjective(1) having undesirable or negative qualities(2) very intense, or bad(3) feeling physical discomfort or pain (`tough' is occasionally used colloquially for `bad'(4) (of foodstuffs(5) feeling or expressing regret or sorrow or a sense of loss over something done or undone(6) not capable of being collected, or uncollectible(7) below average in quality or performance(8) nonstandard(9) not financially safe or secure(10) physically unsound or diseased(11) capable of harming(12) characterized by wickedness or immorality(13) reproduced fraudulently(14) not working properly(15) affected by an impairment of normal physical or mental function(16) resulting in suffering or adversity
Adverb(1) to a severe or serious degree(2) (`ill' is often used as a combining form(3) evilly or wickedly(4) in a disobedient or naughty way(5) with great intensity (`bad' is a nonstandard variant for `badly'(6) very much; strongly(7) without skill or in a displeasing manner(8) in a disadvantageous way; to someone's disadvantage(9) unfavorably or with disapproval(10) with unusual distress or resentment or regret or emotional display(11) to the highest degree of inferiority or badness
(1) In Queens, New York, cold rain mixed with tears as hundreds marked the third anniversary of the second worst aviation accident in U.S. history.(2) ├ö├ç├┐The worst of the problems is the anti-social behaviour,├ö├ç├û she said.(3) Meanwhile health chiefs in the area worst hit by foot and mouth yesterday called a halt on the use of pyres to burn thousands of animal carcasses, amid fears that the smoke might affect the health of people living downwind.(4) The annual event, held in the shadow of St Magnus Cathedral, escaped the worst of the forecast weather.(5) The worst of the looting was over, and there was enough calm in the shattered streets for her to feel the popular elation, despite the fear and violence that lay below the surface.(6) Australia's worst railway accident was in 1977 in the Sydney suburb of Granville, in which 83 people died.(7) The United Nations described the crisis as the world's worst humanitarian disaster, affecting more than 2m people.(8) The worst tornado I've ever seen before this was the one in southern Texas back in '96 that killed 40 people.(9) ├ö├ç├┐The worst professor I ever had, though, was for a course in administrative law,├ö├ç├û she recalls.(10) The worst would probably be strategic isolation within the region, and all the additional resources that would, as a consequence, be needed for defense.(11) Chinese authorities have attributed Friday's tragedy to torrential rains that caused the area's worst flash flood and mudslide in 200 years.(12) She was expecting the worst at any moment as she opened the door to the gym area.(13) They huddled in blankets donated in massive international relief operations to help El Salvador cope with its worst quake in at least a decade.(14) It was their third defeat in as many games, and they are at the bottom of the Superliga with the division's worst defensive record, 11 goals conceded in 270 minutes.(15) By mixing drama, documentary, graphics and archive material, the programme gives an extraordinary insight into the world's worst industrial disaster.(16) And worst affected of all were those who had written about trauma.
(1) bad :: drwg
(2) the worst :: y gwaethaf
(3) at worst :: ar y gwaethaf
(4) worst of all :: waeth na dim
(5) expect the worst :: disgwyl y gwaethaf
(6) at the worst :: ar y gwaethaf
1. defeat ::
2. whip ::
3. substandard ::
4. harmful ::
5. wicked ::
6. badly behaved ::
7. unpleasant ::
8. inauspicious ::
9. severe ::
10. rotten ::
12. guilty ::
13. invalid ::
14. offensive ::
15. big ::
16. defective ::
17. forged ::
18. sorry ::
20. tough ::
21. unsound ::
22. speculative ::
worst, worsting, worsts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Hm. That's the WORST part.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 16
What's the WORST reason you have
for turning me against my sister?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
Oh, thank you so much.
I've been having the WORST night.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 4
Trust me, that's not the WORST thing.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 2
I assume the WORST.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
English to Welsh Dictionary: worst
Meaning and definitions of worst, translation in Welsh language for worst with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of worst in Welsh and in English
Tags for the entry "worst"
What worst means in Welsh, worst meaning
in Welsh, worst definition, examples and pronunciation
of worst in Welsh language.