gwrthdrawiad, gwrthdrawiadau, ngwrthdrawiad, ngwrthdrawiadau, wrthdrawiad, wrthdrawiadau
- gwrthdarogwrthdarosy'n gwrthdarogwrthdaro
Noun(1) an open clash between two opposing groups (or individuals(2) opposition between two simultaneous but incompatible feelings(3) a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war(4) a state of opposition between persons or ideas or interests(5) an incompatibility of dates or events(6) opposition in a work of drama or fiction between characters or forces (especially an opposition that motivates the development of the plot(7) a disagreement or argument about something important
Verb(1) be in conflict(2) go against, as of rules and laws
(1) The evolution versus creation controversy is really a conflict between two histories of death.(2) There is a real conflict between the industrial and political wings of the labour movement.(3) But it is not right for the president to make such a remark openly because it has already given rise to a serious conflict among politicians and has had ill effects.(4) For the remainder of 1899, the war was a conventional conflict between the American and Republican armies.(5) But, over time, this control diminished, spurring the conflict between the old and new leadership out into the open.(6) the eternal conflict between the sexes(7) With a square conflict between two federal appeals courts, the secret hearing issue appears ripe for Supreme Court resolution.(8) And that is too heavy a reliance on commission-based payments, on payments that introduce a conflict of interest.(9) bewildered by her own inner conflict, she could only stand there feeling vulnerable(10) Over the next few years there would emerge the most serious conflict between the judiciary and the executive that has ever occurred in Australian history.(11) This theory does rely upon a swift resolution, and a prolonged conflict would have an equally opposite and negative reaction to the rebound in the global economy and stock markets.(12) The problems with Wi-Fi Hotspots are symptomatic of the fundamental conflict between the cellular phone industry and the rest of our society and economy.(13) For me, all fantasy writing is specifically about one conflict, the conflict between the way we think the world is and the way we feel it ought to be.(14) This conflict is like a conflict between two sons in a family.(15) The torture situation is an external conflict, a conflict between the subject and his tormentor.(16) At present, the reform agenda had been derailed by the protracted conflict between the government and the legislative body, he said.
(1) conflict of interest :: gwrthdaro buddiannau
(2) armed conflict :: wrthdaro arfog
(3) internal conflict :: gwrthdaro mewnol
(4) conflict of interests :: gwrthdaro buddiannau
(5) in conflict :: yn gwrthdaro
(6) conflict with :: gwrthdaro â
(7) role conflict :: gwrthdaro rôl
(8) external conflict :: gwrthdaro allanol
(9) class conflict :: gwrthdaro dosbarth
(10) conflict of laws :: gwrthdaro o ddeddfau
1. dispute ::
2. war ::
3. clash ::
4. fight ::
5. battle ::
6. difference of opinion ::
7. clash ::
8. contravene ::
1. accord ::
2. agreement ::
3. concord ::
4. concordance ::
5. harmony ::
6. peace ::
conflict, conflicted, conflicting, conflicts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...because he said
it was a theoretical nut CONFLICT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 21
The CONFLICT between
the Starks and the Lannisters,
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
that I want no more CONFLICT between us
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
and you know robberies are tense affairs.
There is always CONFLICT.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 6
the date is going
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 23
English to Welsh Dictionary: conflict
Meaning and definitions of conflict, translation in Welsh language for conflict with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of conflict in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry "conflict"
What conflict means in Welsh, conflict meaning in Welsh, conflict definition, examples and pronunciation of conflict in Welsh language.