- i lawrwedi disgyndownerDowningdowns
Noun(1) soft fine feathers(2) (American football(3) English physician who first described Down's syndrome (1828-1896(4) (usually plural(5) fine soft dense hair (as the fine short hair of cattle or deer or the wool of sheep or the undercoat of certain dogs
Verb(1) drink down entirely(2) eat up completely, as with great appetite(3) bring down or defeat (an opponent(4) shoot at and force to come down(5) cause to come or go down(6) improve or perfect by pruning or polishing
Adjective(1) being or moving lower in position or less in some value(2) extending or moving from a higher to a lower place(3) becoming progressively lower(4) being put out by a strikeout(5) understood perfectly(6) lower than previously(7) shut(8) not functioning (temporarily or permanently(9) filled with melancholy and despondency
Adverb(1) spatially or metaphorically from a higher to a lower level or position(2) away from a more central or a more northerly place(3) paid in cash at time of purchase(4) from an earlier time(5) to a lower intensity(6) in an inactive or inoperative state
(1) It enables them to see quite a distance down the river to the beginning of the estuary.(2) These people will continue to pass their attitudes down to their children and grandchildren.(3) There are others with a genetic make up which allows them to keep the blood alcohol level down in their blood.(4) Note down all the times and places you smoke, with a note on how much you needed each cigarette.(5) She reminds you of your best qualities when you're down , to take the sting out of your woes.(6) Look out here for a smaller path, dropping down towards a wall on the right.(7) the wind has died down(8) At the moment they are a little bit down but that's my job to pick them up.(9) the Berlin Wall came down in 1989(10) I met Jim Renwick for the first time down at Raeburn Place last Tuesday, and I was impressed.(11) I challenge anyone to listen to this and not sit there with tears streaming down their cheeks.(12) But in May the plans were put on hold when he was struck down with kidney stones.(13) But the heart of the matter remains the same down the ages, and the consequences as dire.(14) I wolfed my lunch down and caught a cab to meet Amy.(15) A few days ago I ran across an old friend who is now living down here with the new wife and child.(16) Take a few minutes to note down what you are looking for before you call, and don't allow yourself to be rushed.
(1) sit down :: eistedd i lawr
(2) break down :: torri lawr
(3) calm down :: ymdawelu
(4) lay down :: gorwedd
(5) settle down :: setlo i lawr
1. depressed ::
isel eu hysbryd
2. not working ::
Dim yn gweithio
3. downward ::
4. down in the mouth ::
i lawr yn y geg
6. toward a lower position ::
tuag at sefyllfa is
7. to the ground ::
10. soft feathers ::
11. down feather ::
bluen i lawr
12. pile ::
15. go through ::
16. pull down ::
Tynnu i lawr
17. pop ::
18. shoot down ::
saethu i lawr
19. polish ::
20. to a lower position in ::
i swydd is yn
21. along ::
22. throughout ::
down, downed, downer, downers, downing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Shall I count DOWN from three?
- No, I think it needs to be spontaneous.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
should be torn DOWN,
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 1
...until one of you breaks DOWN
and moves to another zip code.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
Were you expressly forbidden
from standing DOWN?
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
You know he tried to stick his tongue
DOWN my throat and I broke his nose?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 23
English to Welsh Dictionary: down
Meaning and definitions of down, translation in Welsh language for down with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of down in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry "down"
What down means in Welsh, down meaning in Welsh, down definition, examples and pronunciation of down in Welsh language.