Adjective(1) designating or involving an equation whose terms are of the first degree(2) of or in or along or relating to a line; involving or having a single dimension(3) of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input(4) (of a leaf shape(5) measured lengthwise
(1) We notice the linear progress in the way the language (of the Geneva Bible) proceeds-how many aporias there are!(2) Paul Klee's Inscription, a product of the Bauhaus years, is a quiet linear study in black india ink on a watercolor ground of tannic brown.(3) There are other panels with flat planes of tertiary colour, some with simple linear designs.(4) The difficult thing is that the correct data must be found, and the dimensional structure is not linear .(5) It reminded me of HonorÔö£┬« Daumier's linear quality, but the more I looked there was the strength of a John Singer Sargent portrait, a grand picture of a simple woman.(6) The baroque linear swirls and variably sized round icons on the wall were cut from adhesive vinyl in glimmering teal, mauve and purple.(7) Planning will be iterative and collaborative rather than sequential and linear , more a framework for learning and action than a rigid template.(8) The linear dimensional change on ageing is very small.(9) Quantitative research can be characterized as a linear series of steps moving from theory to conclusions.(10) A ├ö├ç├┐two-stepper├ö├ç├û motor, one for linear motion along a straight line, and the other for turning, provide the robot with efficient mobility.(11) Imploding his linear narrative in a single frame, Shaw creates on canvas a kind of literary black hole.(12) Lines represent regressions of linear portion of each curve extrapolated to the y-axis.(13) Pisces symbolises the instinct for collective movement and association, usually along the linear flow of tidal pulls, a quick response to fashions and trends that are gaining pace.(14) Thirty-three screens are evenly spaced along the 1800 linear feet of the arrivals corridor.(15) The house features a triple height glazed central atrium along the linear axis of the house where the main circulation wraps around a 9m high feature chimney.(16) We also accomplished the extraction of unidirectional movement from the bidirectional movements along the linear tracks by adding arrowhead patterns on the tracks.
(1) linear programming :: rhaglennu llinol
(2) linear light :: golau llinellol
(3) linear interpolation :: rhyngosod llinol
(4) linear equation :: hafaliad llinol
(5) linear algebra :: algebra llinol
(6) linear momentum :: momentwm llinol
(7) linear function :: swyddogaeth llinol
(8) linear combination :: cyfuniad llinol
(9) linear motion :: cynnig llinol
(10) linear scale :: ar raddfa llinol
1. straight ::
2. running ::
3. elongate ::
4. analog ::
5. additive ::
6. one-dimensional ::
linear, linearity, linearly, nonlinear
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Assuming you've subscribed to a LINEAR
understanding of time and causality.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
English to Welsh Dictionary: linear
Meaning and definitions of linear, translation in Welsh language for linear with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of linear in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry "linear"
What linear means in Welsh, linear meaning in Welsh, linear definition, examples and pronunciation of linear in Welsh language.