cebl, gebl, chebl, ceblau, cheblau, geblau, nghebl, ngheblau
Noun(1) a telegram sent abroad(2) a conductor for transmitting electrical or optical signals or electric power(3) a very strong thick rope made of twisted hemp or steel wire(4) a nautical unit of depth(5) television that is transmitted over cable directly to the receiver(6) a television system that transmits over cables
Verb(1) send cables, wires, or telegrams(2) fasten with a cable
(1) And after three or four days I sent a cable to Athens that I wouldn't be able to speak at the University of Athens.(2) Stones were salvaged from a fireplace found on the land, materials matching originals were used, the cable molding that decorated the ceilings was restored and the formal gardens were reborn.(3) At the moment, the company broadcasts direct to 5.7m households in the UK and Ireland, with another 5.5m households watching via cable .(4) The handsome edifice has such Federal style adornments as stone lintels over the windows and a cornice with mutules and cable molding.(5) If you're just interested in watching a council meeting it's better to watch it on cable .(6) I wish to cable an urgent telegram to the President.(7) an underground cable(8) Speaking of TV, when are you coming here to watch cable ?(9) Before leaving he sent a cable to Hawthorne.(10) It was a good team effort with one man only missing out by metres before the second diver found the cable and eventually the anchor.(11) The plaintiffs manufactured stainless steel alloys at a factory which was directly supplied with electricity by a cable from a power station.(12) At the base of the cable molding on the entrance portal, luster tiles were used in one of the very rare instances of this technique in fifteenth-century architecture.(13) Still, many people can watch us via cable and people are really into the game.(14) One was an explosive conical float, which severed the sweep wire before it reached the mine's mooring cable ; another used static cutters to perform the same task.(15) The cable molding is only a little more expensive than regular floor molding and it provides what seems like a very useful purpose.(16) A device is disclosed for stripping the insulation or dielectric housing from a cable or wire.
(1) cable car :: car cebl
(2) power cable :: gebl pŵer
(3) cable modem :: modem cebl
(4) coaxial cable :: gebl cyfechelog
(5) cable tray :: hambwrdd cebl
(6) extension cable :: cebl estyniad
(7) cable tie :: cebl clymu
(8) cable television :: teledu cebl
(9) jumper cable :: cebl siwmper
(10) cable gland :: chwarren cebl
1. rope ::
2. wire ::
3. cable television ::
4. cable length ::
5. transmission line ::
6. cablegram ::
7. wire ::
cable, cabled, cables, cabling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
that's a copy of something
that was on pay CABLE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 5
Honey, we're happy
with our CABLE provider, right?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 4
Well, what if I told you
that I added your name to the CABLE bill?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 18
Ugh. You sound
just like the CABLE company.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
My whole life growing up in that house,
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 4
English to Welsh Dictionary: cable
Meaning and definitions of cable, translation in Welsh
language for cable with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of cable in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'cable'
What cable means in Welsh, cable meaning
in Welsh, cable
definition, examples and pronunciation
of cable in Welsh language.