Learn Common GRE Words
A:: PAGE #1
2. Abate (leihau) :: Widening numbness has abated the pain to his pelvis
4. Abeyance (encil) :: As to whether Nancy Cornelius was Americas first Native American trained nurse a definitive answer remains in abeyance
5. Abhor (ffiaidd ganddynt) :: Inside every one of us lies a Puritan streak which abhors anything smacking of frivolity or done for the sheer joy of it
9. Abrasive (sgraffinio) :: They grew close enough together so that reaching from one to the next was never a problem and the bark was just rough enough to offer a good grip without being abrasive
12. Absolution (gollyngdod) :: Sam was asking for forgiveness and wanted absolution from Ian
13. Abstain (ymatal) :: Campbell was required to abstain from drinking alcohol and have no contact with three individuals
15. Abstruse (astrus) :: Now this is not an abstruse philosophical distinction that we are seeking to make
16. Abut (ymylu) :: I spent about twenty minutes reading the wrong manual until JoAnn tactfully pointed out the mistake
17. Abysmal (ofnadwy) :: For all the insensitivity of this mistake it represents the abysmal lack of knowledge about the Baltics in the minds of many a Westerner
18. Accolade (acolâd) :: He became one of the biggest names in boxing winning numerous accolades for himself and his country
19. Accretion (croniant) :: His auspicious debut might have given him the leverage to realize some of his grander plans but the Simon Fraser film grad says his films have grown by steady accretion of ideas and details rather than an overarching scheme
Any word you search will appear here.
Your Favorite Words
Currently you do not have any favorite word. To make a word favorite you have to click on the heart button.