erbyn, rhag, herbyn, rhagddi, rhagddo, rhagddyn, rhagddynt, rhagoch, rhagof, rhagom, rhagot
Preposition(1) in opposition to.(2) in anticipation of and preparation for (a problem or difficulty).(3) in conceptual contrast to.(4) in or into physical contact with (something), typically so as to be supported by or collide with it.
(1) the odds were 5├ö├ç├┤1 against Pittsburgh(2) But the pub is appealing against the decision and is allowed to continue trading in the meantime.(3) With the cirrus they created a faint lattice of white against light blue.(4) The door was slammed hard against the wall, sending it rocking on its hinges.(5) He has already won 21 races and few would bet against that number increasing in the season to come.(6) Not only will they be unable to use parasols for protection against the sun, they will not be allowed to take in food or drink.(7) She banged her head lightly against the wall and heard the ringing noise of metal.(8) If the player does not wish to bet against the second card, a third card can be called for at the same price.(9) he hit his head against the door(10) Those who ignore the zone can be reported to trading standards officers who might take legal action against them.(11) he was silhouetted against the light of the stair window(12) This has to be weighed against the cost of redeeming early and the fees that often accompany taking out a new deal.(13) they won three matches as against our two(14) We will not tolerate abuse of staff who are simply trying to do their job and we will take legal action against residents who do this.(15) It is one of the various small ways in which the public can fight back against the people who are undermining their quality of life.(16) against medical advice
(1) against all odds :: yn erbyn yr holl groes
(2) rise against :: codi yn erbyn
(3) against the law :: yn erbyn y gyfraith
(4) go against :: mynd yn erbyn
(5) against the grain :: yn groes i'r graen
(6) fight against :: ymladd yn erbyn
(7) turn against :: troi yn erbyn
(8) guard against :: warchod yn erbyn
(9) compete against :: cystadlu yn erbyn
(10) come up against :: yn dod i fyny yn erbyn
1. opposed to ::
2. in opposition to ::
mewn gwrthwynebiad i'r
3. disadvantageous to ::
4. touching ::
1. for ::
2. pro ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Even now, the system
is conspiring AGAINST you.
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
Last best hope
AGAINST the coming storm.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
to the list of people who have
taken up arms AGAINST him.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
He burned anyone who was AGAINST him.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
"And then I felt it,
right up AGAINST me backside like a club.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 7
English to Welsh Dictionary: against
Meaning and definitions of against, translation in Welsh
language for against with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of against in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'against'
What against means in Welsh, against meaning
in Welsh, against
definition, examples and pronunciation
of against in Welsh language.