cymorth, gymorth, chymorth, cynhorthwy, chynhorthwy, gynhorthwy, nghymorth, nghynhorthwy, help
Noun(1) a person or thing that is a resource that helps make something easier or possible to do(2) the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose(3) gift of money or other material help to support a person or cause(4) the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something
Verb(1) give help or assistance; be of service(2) improve the condition of
(1) SIR - I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to the young couple who came to my aid on Friday evening when I was stranded in my car in a flood near Carleton.(2) within six weeks he was walking with the aid of a walker(3) diet and exercise aid healthy skin(4) Adding the right types of fats - healthy fats - to your diet can not only aid your fat loss but also help you put on muscle mass.(5) Mr Conroy's fishing partner was rescued by two surfers who went to his aid after hearing yells for help, police said.(6) the photos were an aid to identifying them(7) they gave us a lot of aid(8) his friends went to his aid(9) A passing patrol of some 25 troops from the Afghan National Army came to their aid .(10) A help page is all set up to aid you in determining whether your phone is web-enabled - an option you may have never even considered using before.(11) Eventually, they turned to their church and asked for some financial aid to buy food and basics and got it.(12) ├ö├ç├┐Not one of the boys went to his aid , or thereafter summoned help, or displayed any concern for their hapless victim,├ö├ç├û said Mr Martin.(13) Fortunately two local men came to their aid and Mrs Christie and her mother were pulled to safety before the next waves hit the shoreline.(14) This is clearly not an exercise for the short term while there is so much to do but by keeping donors engaged with the affected communities for longer, it could be a powerful aid to longer term reconstruction.(15) Two passers-by came to his aid and helped to find the cause of his injury.(16) Finding effective ways to relax, such as devoting time for relaxation, taking yoga classes or fitting in gentle exercise, may aid the chances of conception.
(1) first aid :: Cymorth Cyntaf
(2) first aid kit :: pecyn cymorth cyntaf
(3) financial aid :: cymorth ariannol
(4) hearing aid :: Cymorth clyw
(5) first aid box :: blwch cymorth cyntaf
(6) band-aid :: band-gymorth
(7) visual aid :: cymorth gweledol
(8) legal aid :: cymorth cyfreithiol
(9) aid worker :: gweithiwr cymorth
1. assistance ::
2. relief ::
3. attention ::
4. economic aid ::
5. help ::
6. help ::
7. facilitate ::
1. hinder ::
aid, aided, aides, aiding
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'm going to answer that
with a visual AID.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
And he appreciates
those who AID his family, as you well know.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
- of humanitarian AID--
- Invisible to everyone.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 9
But you can see why I was
eager to AID in your
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
...as an AID to social bonding
in large groups.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 20
English to Welsh Dictionary: aid
Meaning and definitions of aid, translation in Welsh
language for aid with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of aid in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'aid'
What aid means in Welsh, aid meaning
in Welsh, aid
definition, examples and pronunciation
of aid in Welsh language.