gwledd, wledd, gwleddoedd, ngwledd, ngwleddoedd, wleddoedd
Noun(1) a ceremonial dinner party for many people(2) a meal that is well prepared and greatly enjoyed
Verb(1) provide a feast or banquet for(2) partake in a feast or banquet
(1) Having settled into your pile of soft furnishings, be prepared to be served a veritable banquet of the finest Moroccan cuisine.(2) Following a splendid banquet there were formal addresses and exchange of gifts by officials.(3) Saunders and Maley are offering up an eight course banquet .(4) In a fortnight, the Thomson family will host a grand banquet and evening ball.(5) The highlight of the weekend was undoubtedly the clan banquet on Saturday evening in the Manor Hotel.(6) a lavish five-course banquet(7) Afterwards, a six course gala banquet will be served after which the resident dance band will ring in the New Year.(8) a veritable banquet of seasonal events(9) There was an evening banquet , a torchlight parade through Paris, and special theater performances.(10) The afternoon finished with another couple of hours of micromount activity before the evening banquet .(11) Later, on Saturday evening, a banquet was held in the same area as the conference.(12) Listening to this music is like attending a banquet where the seven courses are contrasted yet complementary.(13) Macbeth invites Banquo to attend a dinner banquet in the evening as an honored guest.(14) a ten-course banquet(15) That evening, a banquet was given for the newly elected Senator and three women members of the House of Representatives.(16) Finally, later that evening, the Dillard Family headed over to the downtown Sheraton for the formal banquet , which was also a great deal of fun.
(1) banquet hall :: neuadd gwledd
(2) banquet room :: ystafell wledd
(3) grand banquet :: gwledd grand
(4) state banquet :: wledd y wladwriaeth
(5) return banquet :: gwledd dychwelyd
1. feast ::
2. dinner ::
3. spread ::
4. blowout ::
5. junket ::
6. feast ::
banquet, banqueted, banqueter, banqueters, banqueting, banquets
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
There's an awards BANQUET
and a dance afterward.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
All he laid siege to
was the BANQUET table in the command tent.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
English to Welsh Dictionary: banquet
Meaning and definitions of banquet, translation in Welsh
language for banquet with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of banquet in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'banquet'
What banquet means in Welsh, banquet meaning
in Welsh, banquet
definition, examples and pronunciation
of banquet in Welsh language.