haidd, barlys, farlys, marlys
Noun(1) a grain of barley(2) cultivated since prehistoric times; grown for forage and grain
(1) It is made from a mash of malted and un-malted barley with some wheat, rye and oats.(2) Put the oil in a large, heavy saucepan with the onion, leek, garlic and barley .(3) In 1364 a more diversified cargo of wheat, barley , beans, peas and ale was sent to Holland.(4) High producing dairy herds are feeding equal parts maize meal, barley and wheat.(5) Wild crops such as wheat and barley began to be cultivated, and wild animals such as sheep and goats were tamed and then domesticated.(6) malting barley(7) We take our water and mix it with malted barley or grain to make a drink called whisky.(8) The laighe was used extensively in Ireland to prepare land to grow oats, barley and potatoes.(9) The staple food of Tibet, tsampa, is toasted barley ground to a flour.(10) One can substitute or mix different grains such as barley for arthritis and cancer.(11) Feedlot cattle eagerly trot to the bunk to chow down on a ration made with wheat or barley instead of corn.(12) Food was seen as a sun-product, of which the cereals wheat and barley were the sacred, life-giving staples.(13) Roasty aromas come from roasted grains, such as the unmalted barley used in an Irish stout.(14) Seeds of wheat and barley were also found, providing evidence of crop cultivation.(15) Villagers engage in animal husbandry and cultivate wheat, barley , and sugar beets.(16) Mr Meikle farms 130 hectares devoted to sugar beet, salad onions, dwarf beans, barley and wheat.
(1) pearl barley :: haidd perlog
(2) barley flour :: blawd haidd
(3) barley sugar :: siwgr haidd
(4) barley tea :: te haidd
1. barleycorn ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- And how much wheat and BARLEY
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
Half a million bushels each
of BARLEY, oats, and rye.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
Wheat, BARLEY, apples.
We've had a blessed harvest.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
English to Welsh Dictionary: barley
Meaning and definitions of barley, translation in Welsh language for barley with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of barley in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry "barley"
What barley means in Welsh, barley meaning in Welsh, barley definition, examples and pronunciation of barley in Welsh language.