ganrif, canrif, canmlwydd, canmlwyddi, canrifoedd, chanmlwydd, chanmlwyddi, chanrif, chanrifoedd, ganmlwydd, ganmlwyddi, ganrifoedd, nghanmlwydd, nghanmlwyddi, nghanrif, nghanrifoedd
Noun(1) a period of 100 years(2) ten 10s
(1) The fate of ancient, unexcavated Mayan settlements dating from the fifth century also hangs in the balance.(2) for over a century(3) Sadly for Jack Hyams, the number refers to his age rather than his score in his latest attempt to be the only batsman to score a century in eight consecutive decades.(4) Syed Mushtaq Ali, the first Indian batsman to score a Test century away from home, has died at 90.(5) It is a river town in Borneo that is little changed from a century ago when it served as the backdrop for Joseph Conrad's Lord Jim.(6) during the 20th century(7) Athens reached its zenith during the fifth century B.C., a period known as its Golden Age.(8) Archaeologists said the workmen had stumbled upon a Roman cemetery at the edge of a settlement dating from the first century AD.(9) eighteenth century poetry(10) In the third century before Christ's birth, China is a collection of seven warring states that have yet to unite into one country.(11) In the fifth century Christianity had conquered Paganism, and Paganism had infected Christianity.(12) The Legion's NCOs were 60 Centurions, long-serving professional soldiers who each commanded a century of 80 men.(13) a century ago most people walked to work(14) The collection now includes works dating from the 18th century right up to present day.(15) Nevertheless, the St Francis continued to be considered as a work in the style of Botticelli dating from the last decade of the fifteenth century .(16) Tall fescue, a vigorous Old World grass introduced to the New more than a century ago, now reigns over much of this region.
(1) twentieth century :: ugeinfed ganrif
(2) turn of the century :: troi y ganrif
(3) last century :: ganrif ddiwethaf
(4) half a century :: hanner canrif
(5) this century :: y ganrif hon
(6) next century :: ganrif nesaf
(7) new century :: ganrif newydd
3. hundred ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Fine. How about one of the most beguiling
and influential couples of the 20th CENTURY?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 5
Ah, the vintners say this might be the best
year for red grapes in half a CENTURY.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
Thailand has had the fork
since the latter half of the 19th CENTURY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
of 17th CENTURY philosopher
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 10
...was a third CENTURY Roman priest
who was stoned and beheaded...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 15
English to Welsh Dictionary: century
Meaning and definitions of century, translation in Welsh
language for century with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of century in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'century'
What century means in Welsh, century meaning
in Welsh, century
definition, examples and pronunciation
of century in Welsh language.