sylfaen, sail, cynseiliau, chynsail, chynseiliau, grwndwal, grwndwalau, grwndwaliau, gynsail, gynseiliau, cynsail, nghynseiliau, ngrwndwal, ngrwndwalau, ngrwndwaliau, rwndwal, rwndwalau, rwndwaliau, nghynsail
Noun(1) the basis on which something is grounded(2) an institution supported by an endowment(3) lowest support of a structure(4) education or instruction in the fundamentals of a field of knowledge(5) the fundamental assumptions from which something is begun or developed or calculated or explained(6) a woman's undergarment worn to give shape to the contours of the body(7) the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new
(1) And the president has laid a solid foundation for economic growth.(2) It's part of the same theme that I like following, where I create timelines in order to provide a foundation for the stories that result from it.(3) But I'd also establish a philanthropic foundation and give a lot away to charitable causes.(4) It stressed the need for convergence of fiscal and monetary policies to serve as a foundation for a monetary union.(5) he starts playing melody lines on the bass instead of laying the foundation down(6) I couldn't help thinking that she could be quite gorgeous, if she did something with her hair, got contacts, and applied some serious foundation and lip gloss.(7) Larry was given a special Comhaltas award last year for his extraordinary service to the organisation since its foundation in 1951.(8) It talks about the importance of having core principles as a foundation for how to work.(9) without stability, the country will not be able hold the elections that will lay the foundation for a peaceful and democratic future(10) physics, the foundation of all the sciences(11) Apply your usual foundation make-up or powder to cover any imperfections and even out your skin tone.(12) Mix a dime-size amount of foundation with a little moisturizer in the palm of your hand for a sheer, even finish.(13) So, once again, there was a failure or an absence of evidence to give foundation to an argument that there was a causal link.(14) This will provide you publications and a foundation for your dissertation.(15) Men like these formed a very shaky foundation on which to build a dynasty.(16) You are about to build a firm business foundation that a tall structure can stand on.
(1) solid foundation :: sylfaen gadarn
(2) lay the foundation :: gosod y sylfaen
(3) laying the foundation :: gosod y sylfaen
(4) lay a foundation :: gosod sylfaen
(5) foundation stone :: carreg sylfaen
(6) raft foundation :: sylfaen rafft
1. footing ::
2. basis ::
3. justification ::
4. endowed institution ::
5. foundation garment ::
6. fundament ::
7. initiation ::
8. grounding ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Remember the grant proposal I submitted
to the National Science Foundation...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 23
King's Landing burns down
to the FOUNDATION stones.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
What sort of FOUNDATION do you have?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 10
the Gretchen and Elliott Schwartz
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 15
...but the FOUNDATION of gift-giving
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 11
English to Welsh Dictionary: foundation
Meaning and definitions of foundation, translation in Welsh
language for foundation with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of foundation in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'foundation'
What foundation means in Welsh, foundation meaning
in Welsh, foundation
definition, examples and pronunciation
of foundation in Welsh language.