Noun(1) a quantity that is added(2) the advantageous quality of being beneficial(3) the amount of increase in signal power or voltage or current expressed as the ratio of output to input(4) the amount by which the revenue of a business exceeds its cost of operating
Verb(1) obtain(2) win something through one's efforts(3) derive a benefit from(4) reach a destination, either real or abstract(5) obtain advantages, such as points, etc.(6) rise in rate or price(7) increase or develop(8) earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages(9) increase (one's body weight
(1) to gratify the queen and gain the court(2) this atomic clock will neither gain nor lose a second in the next 1 million years(3) You might also see an increase in chest size if you gain weight.(4) It is unclear whether screening for diabetes would, in itself, achieve an appreciable health gain .(5) amplifier gain(6) In another variation, the camera gain is increased throughout the pulse train.(7) So the area that has had the fat suctioned out of it is less likely to gain weight or increase in fat because there are fewer fat cells in the area.(8) Philadelphia politicians and their appointees sometimes use their offices for personal gain .(9) These crustaceans adaptations for water balance loss, gain and retention are a physiological priority.(10) An airplane in a spin does not gain airspeed and its rate of descent is relatively slow.(11) they need a gain of three seats(12) We lack a vocabulary to discuss other ways of investing in health gain .(13) he's only working for his own gain(14) Education needs hearts and minds dedicated to altruistic development rather than short term and personal gain and material enrichment.(15) you've made a gain of ├ö├®┬╝25(16) It's this crucial combination of good health and good taste that presents a significant potential gain for the industry.
(1) no pain no gain :: dim poen dim ennill
(2) gain weight :: ennill pwysau
(3) capital gain :: enillion cyfalaf
(4) weight gain :: ennill pwysau
(5) gain experience :: ennill profiad
(6) gain ground :: ennill tir
(7) gain time :: cael amser
(8) gain knowledge :: ennill gwybodaeth
(9) net gain :: cynnydd net
(10) personal gain :: elw personol
1. profit ::
2. increase ::
3. amplification ::
4. obtain ::
5. profit ::
8. reach ::
9. advance ::
10. derive ::
11. win ::
12. clear ::
13. benefit ::
14. gather ::
15. arrive at ::
1. decline ::
2. decrease ::
3. diminution ::
4. fall ::
5. loss ::
6. reduction ::
gain, gained, gainer, gainers, gaines, gainful, gaining, gains
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
For what it's worth, my mother says
that when we deceive for personal GAIN...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
I managed to isolate
certain ops and GAIN control.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 6
someone could GAIN their way in
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 12
You're not a man who
slaughters innocents for GAIN or glory.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
Sire, since they
have come for GAIN,
Vikings Season 1, Episode 7
English to Welsh Dictionary: gain
Meaning and definitions of gain, translation in Welsh
language for gain with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of gain in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'gain'
What gain means in Welsh, gain meaning
in Welsh, gain
definition, examples and pronunciation
of gain in Welsh language.