Noun(1) a conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures(2) an open or empty space in or between things(3) a narrow opening(4) a pass between mountain peaks(5) a difference (especially an unfortunate difference(6) an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity
Verb(1) make an opening or gap in
(1) Employers are ditching company schemes, yet no-one seems to be bridging the gap with private savings.(2) Once we got there, we crept through the small gap in the overgrown hedges that served as the entranceway.(3) However a lapse of almost two years since the last scheme has left a gap in continuity.(4) If closing the gap between different income brackets is the name of the game, let it be across the board.(5) It is quite literally a gap in the mountains and the largest town in the southern alps.(6) It simply made no difference because the gap between reality and policy is irreconcilable.(7) He said the Government had an historic opportunity to close the growing income gap in Ireland.(8) the media were bridging the gap between government and people(9) Yesterday we plugged the gap in the hedge with two new buddleia plants.(10) A widening gender pay gap is created and overall, working mothers' employment potential becomes limited.(11) Our children will never have equal opportunity unless, once and for all, we close the ever-widening achievement gap .(12) But in my rush I could not find a gap in the hedge to get through to the main road.(13) How many times over the years has the music industry played up records bridging the gap between jazz and hip hop?(14) But his chances of bridging the gap with only five racing days to go are virtually non-existent.(15) Once the Bealach Gaothach is reached, below Kilbride Hill, look for a gap in the forest boundary below.(16) This gap is the difference between a firm's present distribution system and the potential for it to be increased.
(1) gap year :: blwyddyn i ffwrdd
(2) generation gap :: bwlch rhwng y cenedlaethau
(3) age gap :: bwlch oedran
(4) air gap :: bwlch aer
(5) bridge the gap :: pontio'r bwlch
(6) gender gap :: bwlch rhwng y rhywiau
(7) band gap :: bwlch band
(8) gap junction :: cyffordd bwlch
(9) spark gap :: bwlch wreichionen
(10) close the gap :: cau'r bwlch
1. opening ::
2. pause ::
3. omission ::
4. chasm ::
6. crack ::
7. spread ::
8. col ::
9. breach ::
1. continuity ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Go up to the roof, hop over
to the next building... There's a GAP.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 14
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 19
I work at the Gap.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 3
There was a murder there.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
It doesn't help that most of
my clothes come from Gap Kids.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 14
English to Welsh Dictionary: gap
Meaning and definitions of gap, translation in Welsh language for gap with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of gap in Welsh and in English
Tags for the entry "gap"
What gap means in Welsh, gap meaning
in Welsh, gap definition, examples and pronunciation
of gap in Welsh language.