golau, ysgafn, hysgafn, hysgafnach, hysgafnaf, hysgafned, ysgafnach, ysgafnaf, ysgafned
Noun(1) a substance used to ignite or kindle a fire(2) a device for lighting or igniting fuel or charges or fires(3) a flatbottom boat for carrying heavy loads (especially on canals
Verb(1) transport in a flatbottom boat
Adjective(1) of comparatively little physical weight or density(2) (used of color(3) of the military or industry; using (or being(4) not great in degree or quantity or number(5) psychologically light; especially free from sadness or troubles(6) characterized by or emitting light(7) (used of vowels or syllables(8) easily assimilated in the alimentary canal; not rich or heavily seasoned(9) (used of soil(10) (of sound or color(11) moving easily and quickly; nimble(12) demanding little effort; not burdensome(13) of little intensity or power or force(14) (physics, chemistry(15) weak and likely to lose consciousness(16) very thin and insubstantial
Adverb(1) with few burdens
(1) At first he was completely against the device, which is powered by the car battery and plugs into the cigarette lighter .(2) It is believed a flame from a cigarette lighter ignited oxygen at the man's bedside.(3) he lit a cigarette with his gold lighter(4) Then gently warm the metal sleeve with a small flame from a cigarette lighter and pull the ring off using a pair of pliers.(5) Plastic toys, cigarette lighters , and derelict fishing gear smother the coral reefs and litter the island shores.(6) He found two discarded syringes, used lighters and cigarette papers at the foot of a tree near seats at the reservoir.(7) They may have owned and operated lighters to transport goods from their private wharves to ships anchored in the bay of Smyrna and vice versa.(8) 79 Even given that ships could and would use the quay and harbour, why should it cost more than carrying goods ashore in lighters ?(9) They made a good search of the place and made off with the till, fruit machine, cash plus cigarettes, cigars and lighters .(10) Boats of various shapes and sizes were built, yachts, smaller sailing craft, yawls, lighters for transporting sand and gravel, punts, racing gigs and even speedboats in the late 1930's.(11) Before the docks were built lightermen ferried goods from ships in midstream to the river quays.(12) Besides the various tobacco products, all sorts of implements from tobacco pipes, lighters and ashtray to tobacco cases and machines can be found in this diverse and impressive collection.(13) Ten cigarette lighters , fitted with transmitter similar to the ones strapped to scientifically-interesting wildlife, were dropped off around Limerick and their journeys traced.(14) The lightermen live on as the masters of the waste disposal vessels and dredgers you see on the Thames today.(15) They provide an interface between strategic sealift ships and lighters, and between the lighters and the beach or underdeveloped ports.(16) He saw one of the dockyard's lighters making its way across the water.
(1) light :: golau
(2) lighter fuel :: tanwydd taniwr
(3) cigarette lighter :: sigaréts ysgafnach
(4) lighter fluid :: hylif ysgafnach
(5) cigaret lighter :: cigaret ysgafnach
(6) candle-lighter :: cannwyll-ysgafnach
3. bright ::
4. light-colored ::
5. fair ::
6. easy to lift ::
hawdd i godi
7. flimsy ::
8. nimble ::
9. friable ::
10. small ::
11. easy ::
12. gentle ::
13. entertaining ::
14. carefree ::
15. unimportant ::
16. dizzy ::
17. idle ::
18. clear ::
19. short ::
21. lite ::
22. abstemious ::
25. weak ::
26. wakeful ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
They're LIGHTER, cheaper
and have twice the tensile strength.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
But I need you to put out
the LIGHTER, okay?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 12
Leonard said I was crazy,
but I knew that carton felt LIGHTER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 21
Whew! I feel ten pounds LIGHTER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 1
I feel like I'm 5 pounds LIGHTER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 9
English to Welsh Dictionary: lighter
Meaning and definitions of lighter, translation in Welsh
language for lighter with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of lighter in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'lighter'
What lighter means in Welsh, lighter meaning
in Welsh, lighter
definition, examples and pronunciation
of lighter in Welsh language.