Adjective(1) easily agitated(2) causing or fraught with or showing anxiety(3) of or relating to the nervous system(4) excited in anticipation(5) unpredictably excitable (especially of horses
(1) Up in the scorebox, Christie kept the board ticking along with all the nervous energy that explains why he hates just watching.(2) Stress and other psychological factors such as anxiety cause bowel symptoms by affecting this nervous control.(3) I wasn't nervous about how the play would be received - nothing like that at all.(4) Warn the airline if you are exceptionally nervous about flying.(5) I commented on this and was told the rashes were a nervous reaction to low-flying jets and explosions.(6) But we have been nervous about the UK economy overheating for some time now.(7) So Fiona Shaw presents us with a woman who is wreathed in actorly display yet is also in a state of nervous panic.(8) he's a nervous wee thing(9) There is a kind of indifferent nervous energy in the later works which makes this quite plausible.(10) I was so nervous on the stage(11) He also said the woman's case history files showed she had been treated for nervous disorders.(12) The thought of his blind date gives him a rush of anticipatory nervous excitement.(13) In addition his is always jittery, nervous and panicky, always worried, always tense, never able to relax.(14) I eyed the folder in her hands with both nervous excitement and a little bit of foreboding.(15) Poppy's nervous , as there's no horror in it, and precious little angst.(16) One might imagine that nervous tissue consists of nerve cells and very little else.
(1) nervous breakdown :: chwalfa nerfol
(2) nervous system :: system nerfol
(3) get nervous :: mynd yn nerfus
(4) central nervous system :: system nerfol ganolog
(5) feel nervous :: teimlo'n nerfus
(6) be nervous :: fod yn nerfus
(7) nervous tissue :: feinwe nerfol
1. high-strung ::
2. anxious ::
4. spooky ::
5. aflutter ::
6. neural ::
1. calm ::
2. collected ::
3. easy ::
4. relaxed ::
nervous, nervously, nervousness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Oh, God, I'm so NERVOUS.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 24
Appendicitis. What a NERVOUS Nelly.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 2
I am up to it.
I'm just NERVOUS about it.I know.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 13
- I'm really NERVOUS.
- Don't be.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 1
Why am I NERVOUS?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 21
English to Welsh Dictionary: nervous
Meaning and definitions of nervous, translation in Welsh language for nervous with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of nervous in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry "nervous"
What nervous means in Welsh, nervous meaning in Welsh, nervous definition, examples and pronunciation of nervous in Welsh language.