Noun(1) any spatial attributes (especially as defined by outline(2) the spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance(3) alternative names for the body of a human being(4) a concrete representation of an otherwise nebulous concept(5) the visual appearance of something or someone(6) the state of (good, especially in the phrases `in condition' or `in shape' or `out of condition' or `out of shape'(7) the supreme headquarters that advises NATO on military matters and oversees all aspects of the Allied Command Europe(8) a perceptual structure
Verb(1) shape or influence; give direction to(2) make something, usually for a specific function(3) give shape or form to
(1) The normal, healthy shape of the spine is a very gentle S-curve.(2) The ground seemed lumpy and careful observations revealed the outline of a massive shape .(3) The asymmetrical triangles of water and dune give shape to the engulfing sand and sky.(4) It is in our interest to participate fully in the ongoing conversations and debates that give shape to art history as a discipline and keep it interesting.(5) The views they articulated sought to give shape to the burgeoning social consciousness in France and apply it to the army.(6) For Brian was only going halfway towards bat form, then lingering in a strange, supernatural limbo before condensing back into his human shape instead of making the change over.(7) She'd regained her human shape when she lost consciousness.(8) shape the dough into two-inch balls(9) Through the dark mist, I could make out the faint shape of a large cat.(10) I trained with the featherweight champion of Europe to get in shape(11) Paterson's love commands that we look deep into the objects that give shape to things: shadow, mirror, glass.(12) the building was in poor shape(13) the lid had been battered out of shape(14) Your mind will give shape to the things you need to fight.(15) Sociology is supposed to show that physics is just a social construction, as if the social ├ö├ç├┐sciences├ö├ç├û were in better shape than physics.(16) He was in very good physical shape , for he'd often spent time in any gym he could manage to visit, whenever he wasn't flying and could find the time.
(1) in shape :: mewn siap
(2) shape up :: siâp i fyny
(3) take shape :: ymffurfio
(4) out of shape :: allan o siâp
(5) in good shape :: mewn cyflwr da
(6) good shape :: cyflwr da
(7) keep in shape :: cadw mewn siâp
(8) be in shape :: fod mewn cyflwr
(9) round shape :: siâp crwn
(10) in the shape of :: yn y ffurf
1. form ::
2. guise ::
3. condition ::
4. embodiment ::
5. pattern ::
6. flesh ::
7. form ::
8. determine ::
9. forge ::
10. mold ::
shape, shaped, shapeless, shapes, shaping
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You must SHAPE
the horse to the rider.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
I'm not upset with you,
but Amy's pretty bent out of SHAPE,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 23
Look, we're in good SHAPE,
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
It was certainly in a lot better
SHAPE than our old hunk of junk.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
In the SHAPE of Stannis.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
English to Welsh Dictionary: shape
Meaning and definitions of shape, translation in Welsh
language for shape with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of shape in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'shape'
What shape means in Welsh, shape meaning
in Welsh, shape
definition, examples and pronunciation
of shape in Welsh language.