Noun(1) the act of throwing (propelling something with a rapid movement of the arm and wrist(2) a single chance or instance(3) the maximum movement available to a pivoted or reciprocating piece by a cam(4) bedclothes consisting of a lightweight cloth covering (an afghan or bedspread(5) casting an object in order to determine an outcome randomly
Verb(1) propel through the air(2) move violently, energetically, or carelessly(3) get rid of(4) place or put with great energy(5) convey or communicate; of a smile, a look, a physical gesture(6) cause to go on or to be engaged or set in operation(7) put or send forth(8) to put into a state or activity hastily, suddenly, or carelessly(9) cause to be confused emotionally(10) utter with force; utter vehemently(11) organize or be responsible for(12) make on a potter's wheel(13) cause to fall off(14) throw (a die(15) be confusing or perplexing to; cause to be unable to think clearly
(1) It is a work like no other and, with the first performance taking place in 1761, is pretty much the final throw of the Baroque.(2) He knocked it off with a nicely-timed throw of a small hammer.(3) It's not that they'll beat you up and torture you and throw you into jail.(4) He needs to throw harder punches, and that he's not connecting for that reason.(5) to throw yourself into sth(6) Peering from behind my hands, I watch as the horses fall, or throw their rider, or watch as loose, riderless horses veer across the track.(7) If your car is equipped with fog lights, you may find it helpful to turn these on, as they throw a little extra light on the road while making your car easier to see.(8) He accuses his opponent of offering him a bribe to throw a match.(9) At the trolley portal the operator had to manually throw the switch using a switch iron.(10) Figures that they've released suggest the card could cost each of us up to Ôö¼├║300 a throw .(11) Brighten it up with a new duvet cover or a smart throw , picking up the colour in light shades and curtains.(12) He lunges at the open window, hurling his strawberry milkshake in a cramped overarm throw .(13) They throw an annual Christmas party for dozens of pensioners who live in sheltered housing schemes.(14) free throw(15) Then two of the lamps that move round to throw the prettiest patterns on the walls and ceiling turned out to be faulty.(16) Fault displacement varies and diminishes downwards and upwards from a central zone where the throw is highest.
(1) throw away :: taflu
(2) throw up :: taflu i fyny
(3) to throw :: taflu
(4) throw a party :: taflu parti
(5) throw down :: taflu i lawr
(6) throw off :: taflu i ffwrdd
(7) throw in :: taflu mewn
(8) to throw away :: i daflu i ffwrdd
(9) free throw :: taflu rhad ac am ddim
1. lob ::
2. blanket ::
3. stroke ::
4. hurl ::
5. deliver ::
6. direct ::
7. unseat ::
8. disconcert ::
9. give ::
10. strew ::
11. toss ::
12. thrust ::
13. bewilder ::
14. befuddle ::
15. flip ::
16. drop ::
17. project ::
1. lift ::
2. raise ::
throw, thrower, throwers, throwing, throws
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Damn, man, couldn't he at least
THROW a brother a bone?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 16
You want to THROW them into a war
they're not ready to fight?
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
Anyway, you did THROW up.
Isn't that a sign of a concussion?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
Badger looks like
he's gonna THROW up.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
Howard stepped outside to THROW up.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 14
English to Welsh Dictionary: throw
Meaning and definitions of throw, translation in Welsh
language for throw with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of throw in Welsh and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'throw'
What throw means in Welsh, throw meaning
in Welsh, throw
definition, examples and pronunciation
of throw in Welsh language.